House of Canopies Limited (we, us or our) is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. We use information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
This policy (in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions) explains how we process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide us with.
By visiting www.houseofcanopies.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the methods described in this policy.
Information you may give us
When placing an order or using an online form on our website we need to know your name and other information such as postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and credit card details etc. We gather this information to fulfill your request and communicate with you on the matter at hand.
We use certain third parties to carry out tasks on our behalf. Activities typically involved include, delivering consignments, fulfilling orders and processing credit card payments. These third parties have access to this information purely on the basis of conducting tasks on our instructions, not for their own use. We won't disclose your personal information unless obliged to, or allowed to do so by law, or where we need to in order to run our business (e.g. where other people process data for us). In such circumstances, we ask those people to give us confidentiality or non-disclosure undertakings.
We also collect information concerning your marketing preferences. We will from time to time contact you with targeted offers and information relating to product range updates but will do so in accordance with your preferences. You can opt-in and out at any time and can do so by contacting us online or for those who are logged in, editing your preferences in the ‘My Account’ section of our website.
Information we collect about you
We may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information including the IP Address used to connect your device to the internet, your login information, date and time, web browser type and version, operating system and platform.
-Information about your visit, including pages navigated during your visit, products viewed and actions you might have completed such as page scrolling and clicks).
Information we may receive from other sources
We may receive information from our social media platforms and other third parties including (couriers, payment gateways, review services). We also make use of analytics services to help diagnose faults and improve our service and product offering.
How do we use your personal data?
Where appropriate, we use your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you or your organisation;
- for basic profiling purposes;
- to let you know about other goods and services in which you may be interested; (unless you have asked us not to do this);
- to inform you about changes and improvements to this website.
- assist in making general improvements to our services;
- carry out and administer any obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- contact you and notify you about changes to our services or orders;
- analyse how our services are used.
If you register or place an order, you will receive email communications alerting you to news and offers. You may choose not to receive these.
Sharing your information
We do not disclose any information you provide to any third parties other than as follows:
- We may disclose information about you to our partners such as courier companies and payment processors in order to deliver goods and services to you;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime);
- In order to enforce any terms and conditions or agreements for our Services that may apply;
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of House of Canopies, our customers, or any other third parties.
Other than as set out above, we shall not disclose any of your personal information unless you give us permission to do so.
Correcting Your Personal Information
We will take all reasonable steps in accordance with our legal obligations to update or correct personally identifiable information in our possession.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you wish to see details of any personal information that we hold about you please contact us by way of our contact page.
This site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these and you should read their own privacy policies. The policy described here, applies only to personal data collected by House of Canopies.
Inaccuracies and corrections
We aim to keep your personal data accurate and up to date. If you become aware of errors or inaccuracies, please contact us.
Changes to this policy
Transferring your information outside of Europe
If you use our website while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of your information outside the EU in the manner described above.
There is some mystery surrounding what a cookie actually is but it in simple terms it is a piece of data stored on your computer that acts as an identifier for when you visit the site again. A link is made between you and the information you have provided to the website through the cookie. Certain advantages of cookies are that it helps keep your shopping basket separate from other users, keeps items in your basket between visits and offers an express checkout option.
It should be noted that cookies do not contain any personally identifying or financial information. The majority of web browsers automatically accept cookies; however your web browser can be altered to not accept them. If cookies are blocked it does prevent certain features of the website from working correctly.
You have the right to request us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always make it clear where you are opting into receiving marketing communications and what type of communications they will be. We will also make it clear if we intend to share marketing data with third party organisations (We have no intention of doing this and never have done). You can exercise this right by ticking certain tick boxes on the website forms used to collect your data. Should you change your mind at any time you can also exercise your right by emailing email@example.com.
To comply with applicable UK laws, we reserve the right to disclose personal information to assist in operating our systems properly and to protect our customers and ourselves. We also reserve the right to disclose information to third parties where a complaint arises concerning the use of this web site.